Absence makes the heart grow fonder

>> Sunday, October 10, 2010

It has been brought to my attention that I have been missed. It actually feels good to know that. It often gets lonely in the blogosphere, especially when the comments aren't coming in and you're not sure that people are even reading (or in this case, listening). To be quite honest, I have been otherwise occupied with the marketing of my book and with the blog that accompanies it. It's a lot of work maintaining a blog, especially one of this nature. Much time, thought, and research goes into each and every post, and now that I am concentrating so heavily on my book (I actually think that the marketing aspect is much harder and more time-consuming than the research and writing of it!), I have little or no energy left to contribute anywhere else. In addition to the above, I was taken quite ill in early May with an acute gallbladder attack that very nearly robbed me of my life. I wasn't even aware that I had gallbladder disease, but I ended up in the hospital with a badly infected gallbladder and a liver that was near shutdown. I had emergency surgery and my recovery has been full and swift, but I was robbed of several weeks of energy and concentration as a result of the entire ordeal. After that, I fell out of the habit and when my energy returned, I had to devote it to my book. However, since it has been expressed that my absence is being felt, I will see if I can work in some time to post something at least once a week. That's a reasonable place to start, I think.

That being said, I have nothing prepared for this particular post, and since I've spent the past couple of weeks working on the new video trailer for my book, I'll share that with you.



3 comments:

Jasper October 11, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

And here I took your testimony to being "still among the living" as facetious, not as referring to a veritable brush with death that struck you down for a month!

A belated congratulations on your triumph over the Reaper. No doubt you return from the experience thoroughly re-inspired & all the wiser....

"It is sickness that makes health pleasant and good[...]." -Heraclitus

Debi Butler October 11, 2010 at 12:13 AM  

Where have you gotten all the pictures - from the same place as the cover? They are all so wonderful.

Deb

Lynette October 11, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

Jasper, I have heard many testimonies of those who have returned from close brushes with death describing the renewed sense of gratitude and joy they have for life. I'm here to testify that it is true. I was given the opportunity to realize just how fleeting life can be, and how easily it is lost, and I too, returned with the desire to live life in gratitude, dropping past grudges, anger, resentments and fear to seek to live the remainder of the life I have been given in an attitude of love, joy and forgiveness. Neither do I believe that it was any coincidence that this happened only weeks before my 50th birthday. Most generally people approach 50 with a sense of dread; I approached it with a renewed since of life restored.

Deb, Google images is a wondrous thing! You just have to know the right words to type into the search bar! :)

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP