My Favorite Carols: How Great Our Joy

>> Friday, December 17, 2010

How Great Our Joy (The Echo Carol) is another one of the few Christmas Carols that I remember from my childhood church experience. The First Baptist Church of Stillwater has a large sanctuary with a choir loft in the front and a balcony in the back. We had a very advanced music program in our church and our minister of music would put on a lavishly beautiful music program at Christmas, which always included this carol. I remember sitting with the children's choir, wearing our little white cherub drapes with the red collars, listening to the adult choir sing, and wishing that I could sing with them instead of the children!

The Echo Carol is a traditional German antiphonal response, dating back to the 17th century.



0 comments:

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP