Values I want to install in my children

>> Friday, November 4, 2005

I grew up in a home where it was deemed more important to instill beliefs rather than values, which to my way of thinking is like putting the cart before the horse. Beliefs cannot be instilled, rather, they are developed out of a healthy set of moral values. A child must develop their own beliefs out of the values with which they have been raised. Therefore, if a child is raised with healthy values, they will develop the beliefs which best serve and demonstrate those values. Here is a list of values I wish to instill in my children.

  • Compassion
  • Tolerance
  • Loyalty
  • Honesty
  • Integrity
  • Gratitude
  • Determination
  • Patience
  • Kindness
  • Courage

There are probably a whole lot more, but I think if I'm successful at these, then the others will come along with them.

0 comments:

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP