This marriage

>> Saturday, July 8, 2006

I found a text which describes perfectly what I have found and celebrate in my own life with the love of my life. This text has been artfully and sensitively set to music by Los Angeles composer, Eric Whitacre. It is most definitely worth a click to listen.

May these vows and this marriage be blessed.

May it be sweet milk,
this marriage, like wine and halvah.
May this marriage offer fruit and shade
like the date palm.
May this marriage be full of laughter,
our every day a day in paradise.
May this marriage be a sign of compassion,
a seal of happiness here and hereafter.
May this marriage have a fair face and a good name,
an omen as welcomes the moon in a clear blue sky.
I am out of words to describe
how spirit mingles in this marriage.

Kulliyat-i-Shams 2667

0 comments:

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP