The curse of the Bradford Pear

>> Monday, March 24, 2008


Bradford Pear trees...some of the most lovely blooming trees around and Stillwater is literally covered with them. But unfortunately for me, they equal allergies and asthma. Once again, I've been struck down with the curse, after I had been doing so well, too. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon because I literally cannot breathe.

Argh!


UPDATE

I just returned from the doctor who said that I have bronchitis that is teetering on the edge of pneumonia. She gave me some high-powered antibiotics, an Advair inhaler, and and told me to go home and rest.

3/25/08 A.M.

I awakened after a better night's sleep than I have had in a few days. My breathing is better, although still a bit labored and shallow. I didn't go to work this morning, but I'm hoping that after another dose of my antibiotic that I'll be ready to go back tomorrow. Steph has been very sweet and attentive, setting the vaporizer up on my side of the bed and taking Heather to work and picking her up so that I could rest. It's the little things that aren't so little that mean so much!

2 comments:

Monte Erwin March 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Right there with ya, hon. Trent's dealing with it, too. How did we inherit this curse? We have the Bradford Pairs, too. But I don't think it's them that I'm allergic to. There's something else out there that really gets me. But in Stillwater I was deathly allergic to the cedar trees when they were pollinating. I think I had the worst hay fever there of any place I've ever lived. Maybe Florida wasn't so bad after all. I didn't seem to have ANY problems there.

Monte Erwin March 25, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

I mean, Bradford Pears, not Pairs. :)

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP