We've got tickets to see "The Magic Flute"!

>> Tuesday, April 22, 2008


I did it! I ordered our tickets today, and next Friday night Steph and I are taking Heather to see the Tulsa Opera production of Mozart's Die Zauberflöte, (yes, it will be sung in German with English subtitles scrolling above the stage)! I've seen two different productions of "Flute"--one in Tampa, Florida with the New York City Opera touring company and the second, years later, a student production at Oklahoma Baptist University, which was quite good. And I have sung the role of the Third Lady in the OSU Opera production of Flute, when I was in graduate school. I'm looking forward to this particular production for several reasons: 1) It's the first time I will see "Flute" with Steph, 2) It's the first time that Heather will have ever seen it, 3) It's the Tulsa Opera, and the last Mozart opera we saw there, ("Figaro"), we absolutely loved. The Tulsa opera is rated one of the top regional operas and is kind of a "farm team" for new, up-and-coming opera stars. They get the most talented young people right out of school, when they're just starting their careers. It's really exciting and always high quality. I took Heather to see Madama Butterfly three years ago and she loved it. I know she'll love this production as well!

I'm SO excited!!







3 comments:

Lauren April 28, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

Omg, I'm so jealous! I want to go!

Lynette April 28, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

This is part of Heather's graduation present from us. She's really excited.

Lauren April 29, 2008 at 2:27 AM  

I bet!

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP