The World's most beautiful music: Concerto for coloratura soprano and orchestra in F minor, Op. 82 by Reinhold Glière

>> Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reinhold Moritzevich Glière, (January 11,1875 – June 23, 1956) was a Ukrainian, Soviet composer of German-Polish descent. He was the teacher of the famous Russian composer, Sergei Prokofiev.

I have only recently been introduced to this composer and this lovely Concerto for Coloratura Soprano, and it immediately rose to the ranks, in my estimation, worthy of being dubbed some of the World's most beautiful music. Sung here by the gorgeous Russian Soprano, Anna Netrebko, it has a distinctly dark Russian flavor, yet at the same time, it is lyrical and uplifting.



3 comments:

Tess Kincaid September 28, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

Oh, this is gorgeous!! I wasn't familiar with Reinhold Glière, until now. Thanks for sharing this!

KirGlobal September 29, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

Dear friends, We're happy to know that you admire the music by our great grandfather R. Gliere! Many singers (Russian and from the US, Australia, France etc) have tried to perform his Coloratura Concerto, but few of them can take the powerful last @upper@ note. I'm not a musician, but my Mother is, and she looks after Reinhold's memorial museum in Moscow. Welcome!

Lynette September 29, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

Dear Friend,

I am greatly honored by your comment, and I am touched by the beauty of your great grandfather's Coloratura Concerto. Thank-you.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP