"So Faithful a Heart: The Love Story of Nancy Storace & Wolfgang Mozart" publishes this weekend

>> Friday, November 6, 2009


The day has finally arrived! My historical fiction novel, So Faithful a Heart: The Love Story of Nancy Storace & Wolfgang Mozart publishes this weekend and will see release within the coming week! As soon as it is released I will have a banner posted on this blog linking to the marketing website where the book can be purchased either directly from the publisher, Lulu.com, or from Amazon.com.

Anna Selina Storace (known as Nancy by her closest friends), was born in London on October 27th, 1765 and began her stage career at the age of eight. She traveled with her parents to Italy when she was twelve and performed in some of Italy's most prestigious opera houses before being hired by the Emperor, Joseph II of Austria, to serve as the prima buffa of his newly-formed Italian opera company in 1783. In 1786 she starred as Mozart's original Susanna in Le Nozze di Figaro and left Vienna in 1787 to become one of England's premiere stage actresses, starring primarily in her brother's Stephen Storace's, productions.


So Faithful a Heart is based upon the research I did for my master's thesis on the life and career of Nancy Storace, as well as her relationship with Mozart. Nine more years of research, in addition to the year I put in for my thesis, went into this story, and an additional nine months to write.

In celebration of the publishing, I'm featuring this 1985 Metropolitan Opera performance of Kathleen Battle singing Susanna in Mozart's Le Nozze di Figaro. This is Susanna's Act Four aria, Deh vieni non tardar, which is featured prominently in the novel.




4 comments:

Kathy Handyside November 6, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

This aria is so fitting - not only does it fit the storyline of the opera but it most definitely fits the storyline of "So Faithful a Heart". Mozart's love for Nancy is in this aria: he wrote the part for her but he wrote this FOR her, if you know what I mean. :)

Congratulations on the fruition of your work.

Unknown November 6, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

Hi Lynette,

Congratulations on the book. I hope it will be a winner. Sweet singing from Ms Battle.

Merisi November 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

Congratulations on your book!
I wish you all the success in the world with it,
hugs,
Merisi

Ms. Battle had had some troubles with her temper,
the last time I read about her. I felt so sorry, she's such a great artist.

Merisi November 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

I just went back to that Time article I remembered.
Has about a male artist ever been called "crazy" and the like?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,980151-1,00.html

I hope she is doing fine.
I can't help but feeling for her.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP