So I'm a sucker for baritones: Simon Keenlyside

>> Thursday, January 28, 2010


I only discovered this English baritone a couple of summers ago when I heard him for the first time in the 2003 Covent Garden DVD recording of Mozart's Die Zauberflöte, in which he sang the role of Papageno.  The man is brilliant, both singing and acting. And while I have only seen him in Mozart roles (in which he excels), the recording I have chosen for this particular post is of him singing the Prologue from Pagliacci. 

You're gonna love this - I guarantee it.


 

1 comments:

Unknown January 28, 2010 at 4:15 AM  

Quite right, Lynette! He's a marvellous singer. Can't wait to see him in the Met's broadcast of Hamlet soon. (I also snuck a look at the Pearl Fishers duet that came up!).

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP