A birthday tribute to my dear Mozzart Man

>> Friday, January 27, 2006

My mother told me a story many years ago of when I was a small child how I sat in front of the stereo listening to a Mozart piano concerto. She said that as I sat on the floor in my pajamas with the little feet in them, listening to the music, I began to cry. When she asked me why I was crying, I pointed towards the stereo and replied, "I have to find him."
"Find who?", she asked, "Mozart?"
"Yeah," I replied, "I have to find that Mozzart man!"

From that point on my life was a quest to find Mozart.

I know that Mozart means many things to many people. The film in which I have had the honor of being a part of illustrates that perfectly, and I marvel at how one life could touch the lives of so many people in so many unique ways. It's the music, yes, but it's much more than that. The music of Beethoven, Handel, and Bach is every bit as glorious, and every bit as ingenious, but there is a universal appeal about Mozart that transcends all others. For me, it goes beyond even the music. For me, it's about the man himself, and the music is merely an illustration of his heart. For me to hear Mozart's music, to sing Mozart's music, is to touch Mozart's very heart. I remember the day I did that for the first time, and my life has never been the same.

So here's to you, my dear Mozzart man. I'm so glad that I found you. Happy 250th birthday, mio Caro.
Ich liebe dich, Herr Mozart.
Deine Nettl

0 comments:

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP