The World's most beautiful music: John Williams' Love Theme from "Superman"

>> Thursday, July 17, 2008

One of the premiere composers of our time and Oscar winner several times over is John Williams. With some of the most amazing film scores in the history of film to his credit, (Star Wars, E.T., Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Schindler's List, Indiana Jones...), this incredible composer continues to thrill movie audiences over and over again, generation after generation.

In the 1978 film, Superman, starring the late Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, & Gene Hackman, Williams presented us with a sweeping love theme that made every girl in the audience wish that she were Lois Clark being swept off of her feet by the strong & dashing man in the red cape!

3 comments:

Kathy Handyside July 17, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

Ah, NOBODY can write film scores like John Williams! But, you know -my absolute favorite John Williams score was for "Jane Eyre", back in (I think) the late 60s or early 70s. It must have been the early 70s becuase I was in college then. At any rate, it has some of the most beautiful melodies and the recorder plays a large part in the score. I wish I could find that on CD - I have the 33 1/3 rpm vinyl lp of it.

Fulanito De Tal July 18, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

someone posted a YouTube video of the theme. It's out there on the internet...
http://lemonscottage.blogspot.com/2008/07/jane-eyre-i-found-it-after-all-this.html

Kathy Handyside July 18, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Oh, it was wonderful hearing the music again! But I thought I remembered the theme being played by recorder, rather than flute; or maybe it was just that I played the theme on my recorder. Anyway, thanks Victor! I really enjoyed hearing the music again. My old lp player died many years ago and I've not been able to listen to the soundtrack for years. I need to find someone who will transfer it to CD for me.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP