Summertime

>> Wednesday, July 15, 2009


We've been experiencing some extremely hot temperatures over the last several days. Over the past week our temps have been jumping as high as 109°, (Fahrenheit), with heat indexes as high as 115°! There have been heat advisories all over the southwestern part of the country, including most of the entire state of Oklahoma.

This wonderful clip seems entirely appropriate for such days as these. I've always loved Gershwin and Porgy and Bess is among my favorite of Gershwin's works. Here is the unforgettable Summertime from Porgy and Bess.

2 comments:

Unknown July 15, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

Hi Lynette,

We could always do with a little of your heat over here! A frustrating mix of rain and shine today!

Kay Dennison July 15, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

"I love a Gershwin tune -- how about you?" and this is one of my favs!

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP