The World's most beautiful music: Mozart Sonata for Piano & Violin in E minor, K 304, movement 2

>> Sunday, July 19, 2009


I made a new discovery as I was painting the house yesterday. Although I have owned a recording of Mozart's marvelous sonatas for piano and violin, for several years now, I hadn't paid much attention to it. But yesterday, as I painted the trim over the archway to the dining room of our new house, I was given the opportunity to really listen to and fall in love with these uncelebrated works. I realized then, that it is in Mozart's chamber works that much of his true genius is found.

I've heard several people, upon listening to the chamber works of Mozart, exclaim, "That sounds like Schubert", to which I usually reply, "No, Schubert sounds like Mozart. Mozart did come first, you know."

3 comments:

Shaista July 19, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I found your blog through 'Willow Manor' - and I think your selection of music is beautiful. I'm looking forward to listening to you, and catching up on your older posts too :)
Shaista

Kay Dennison July 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Gotta love it!!!!!!!!

Kathy Handyside July 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

The first time I ever heard these sonatas, I wanted to go buy a violin and take lessons, I loved them so. (Still do! haha)

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP