Kermit meets Scrooge

>> Thursday, December 20, 2007

In 1992, the folks at Jim Henson created a delightful version of this Dickens classic using Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and the entire gang of Muppet characters entitled, The Muppet Christmas Carol. Featuring the famed and respected London-born actor, Michael Caine, as Ebenezer Scrooge, this delightful adaptation features original music by Paul Williams and original score by Miles Goodman. Produced two years after Henson's untimely death, in May of 1990, it was directed by his son, Brian, and the voice of Kermit, (Bob Cratchit), originally performed by Henson, was done by Steve Whitmire.

This particular version happens to be a favorite of my three children, as it was released when they were all very small, and is viewed, at least once at our home, every Christmas.

1 comments:

Lauren December 20, 2007 at 3:34 PM  

I still love this film. I just watched the little clip you posted and noticed even in this small bit that they don't dumb down the vocabulary for little kids. I like that! I didn't notice it when I was little, but "it paints you with indifference like a lady paints with rouge" when referring to "years of being alone" is definitely sophisticated imagery! I think movies in general have gone downhill in the last ten years. Especially when it comes to kid and family movies, it's just a bunch of crap!

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP