The World's most beautiful music: Handel's "Ombra mai fu"

>> Thursday, June 26, 2008

Handel: He's more than "Messiah", folks. Don't get me wrong-I absolutely love "Messiah", but when people tell me that "Messiah" is their favorite work by Handel, I usually ask them if they've heard any of Handel's operas and the most common reply is, "Oh, I didn't know he composed opera!"

Here's an example of some of Handel's best-"Ombra mai fu" from "Xerxes" sung here by the incredible Welsh baritone, Bryn Terfel.


3 comments:

Kaye Waller June 26, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous June 27, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

I really like your blog: Great taste in music, great politics. I discovered you when I did a search for the full text of "Let Tyrants Shake Their Iron Rods" (I had just discovered the hymn tune "Boston" by Billings, which is so perfect for Brady & Tate text of the 126th Psalm, it's nearly unbearable).

Anyway, thanks for entertaining me! I'll be back.

Lynette June 28, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

Thanks, Sam! I'm glad you like my blog and I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP