On reaching milestones

>> Wednesday, August 13, 2008


I went to work this morning without even giving it a second thought. When I got to work, I saw the school bus go by and it dawned on me that today was the first day of school. And then it hit me--"I didn't take anyone to school today!" With Lauren starting at OU in 10 days and Heather starting at OSU on Monday, (my son lives with his dad in Oklahoma City), I've entered a new phase in my life.

Today I started collecting boxes for Lauren to pack her things in. She's moving out. She now has her own apartment, and in less than two weeks she will be out of the nest. I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet.

2 comments:

Kaye Waller August 14, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

You've won an award!

Kay Dennison August 18, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

I understand Lynette. Empty-nesting can be difficult. Been there. Done that. Hurt like hell.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP