An American Sweetheart: Deanna Durbin

>> Tuesday, April 7, 2009


I had never heard of her until very recently when I stumbled upon this YouTube video. I was thoroughly impressed. This particular clip is from the 1932 film entitled Three Smart Girls and features Durbin at the tender age of 14. Apparently she went on and made several popular films throughout the thirties and forties and became one of America's film sweethearts. She auditioned for the voice of Snow White the same year as she made this film, but Disney rejected her saying that her voice was "too mature".

2 comments:

Tess Kincaid April 7, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

She could really sing, couldn't she? I had never heard of her either until I saw one of her movies on TCM a few years ago.

Anonymous June 28, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Three Smart Girls was made in September 1936

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP