Songs of Love: Se tu m'ami

>> Thursday, February 12, 2009


Be forewarned of the lovely Sylvia! She'll steal your heart and then she'll break it!










Kind shepherd, if you love me,
if you sigh for me alone,
I am sorry for your suffering,
and am pleased by your love.
But if you think that I should
love only you in return,
shepherd boy,
you are easily deceived.

One day Sylvia will choose
a lovely scarlet rose,
the next day she will scorn it
because of its thorn
But I shall not follow
men's advice.
I shall not scorn other flowers
simply because I like lilies.


2 comments:

Tess Kincaid February 12, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

(((sigh)))

Bartoli was one who inspired my daughter, when she was back in high school, to go for the gold!

Lynette February 12, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

Altough Bartoli isn't always one of my favorites, I like her because she performs most if not all of the works by Mozart and Salieri that were composed specifically for Nancy Storace. It seems that her voice must have a similar range and quality because all of those particular arias rest extremely well in Bartoli's voice.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP