Early birthday wishes

>> Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Tomorrow, (December 7th), is my sister, Karla's, 34th birthday. I know she comes to my blog frequently so I decided to leave her a little surprise.

I remember the day she was born very well. I was in the 6th grade. When my mother went to the hospital, my brother Monte, and I went across the street to stay with our neighbors, the Carriers. The next morning, I got up only to learn that the baby hadn't been born yet, so I had to go to school, anxious and full of anticipation. Shortly before noon, Mrs. Carrier showed up at school with the message that I had a baby sister, Karla Elizabeth, 7 pounds and 11 ounces. I was so excited that it was all I could think about the rest of the day.

The day I started college, Karla started the first grade. I loved college. She hated first grade. After my freshman year I transferred to a university outside of Stillwater, and I thought my baby sister was going to curl up and die when I left home. She survived.

She lives in Texas with her husband, Matt and has a daughter of her own. That makes me feel old. I remember changing her diapers. (She'll probably kill me for saying that.)

0 comments:

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP