Dr. Wayne Dyer on "Truth"

>> Saturday, September 15, 2007


I've been in a weird place for the last several days. Much soul searching and reliving of the past, both good and bad has transpired, along with some very symbolic dreams. As a result, I've been doing a lot of reading in relation to it. So please indulge me.

Dr. Wayne Dyer seems to be speaking to me these days. Below is a quote from an interview. The question was in regards to his religious beliefs. I find that I resonate with his response.

My belief is that the truth is a truth until you organize it, and then becomes a lie. I don't think that Jesus was teaching Christianity, Jesus was teaching kindness, love, concern, and peace. What I tell people is don't be Christian be Christ like. Don't be Buddhist be Buddha like. As soon as you get into the Orthodoxies you get into power plays, right or wrong, some people get into heaven and some people don't, my God is better than your God. No spiritual master who has ever walked among us has wanted that. To imagine Jesus, Buddha, and Mohammed all sitting at the table trying to come up with a solution for the world's problems, building tanks and making somebody wrong and somebody right just wouldn't be their way. They were all about love, unconditional love for all things and all people.

0 comments:

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP