Elfen Lied

>> Saturday, September 8, 2007

My daughter, Heather, is really into Anime, and if it wasn't for her interest, I wouldn't know a thing about it. A few months ago I heard this hauntingly beautiful song that is apparently the opening of a Japanese Anime series entitled "Eflin Lied", which seems to be extremely popular in Japan. Heather featured it on her MySpace profile for a little while, and I was captivated by it. Only this morning as I was combing through my favorite MySpace profiles, did I hear it again, and once more, I was mesmerized by it's haunting beauty, so I decided to look it up and see if I could find it on You Tube. To my delight I found it and I decided to share it here.

The song is entitled, "Lilium" and the text is in Latin. The Latin text and translation is below.

Os iusti, meditabitur, sapientiam,
Et lingua eius, loquetur indicium.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem,
Quoniam cum probatus fuerit,
Accipient coronam vitae.
Kyrie, ignis divine, eleison.
O quam sancta, quam serena,
Quam benigma, quam amoena,
O castitatis lilium.


The mouth of the just mediates wisdom,
And his tongue shall speak judgment.
Blessed is the man who endures temptation,
For, once he has been tried,
He shall receive the crown of life.
Oh Lord, oh Holy Fire, have mercy!
Oh, how sacred, how serene,
How benevolent, how lovely,
Oh lily of chastity.




I dedicate this to my beautiful Heather, who I am growing to love and appreciate more with each and every passing moment.



1 comments:

Kay Dennison September 8, 2007 at 10:35 AM  

How lovely! I hope your daughter appreciates how much you love her.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP