So I'm a sucker for baritones: Robert Goulet

>> Sunday, December 21, 2008


The original Broadway Lancelot. The man with the golden voice. No one could sing it like Robert Goulet. If you really want a treat I encourage you to go over to his official website and click onto the link of his holiday favorites, (or click onto the direct link that I've provided below). They've graciously posted an entire MP3 album of Goulet's holiday hits!

Robert Gerard Goulet (November 26, 1933 – October 30, 2007) was a Canadian-American Grammy- and Tony Award- winning entertainer. He rose to international stardom in 1960 as Lancelot in Lerner and Loewe's hit Broadway musical Camelot. His long career as a singer and actor encompassed theatre, radio, television and film. Enjoying most of his career in the United States, he later took permanent residence there (Goulet was an American citizen, having been born in Massachusetts and raised in the United States until the age of 13). He did seek Canadian citizenship later in life, owing to his parentage.

On September 30, 2007, Goulet was hospitalized in Las Vegas, where he was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, "a rare but rapidly progressive and potentially fatal condition." On October 13, 2007, he was transferred to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after it was determined he "would not survive without an emergency lung transplant."

Goulet died October 30 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, while awaiting a lung transplant. He was 73 years old.

Information Source: Wikipedia

Click here to hear more of Mr. Goulet's Holiday favorites!



Robert Goulet sings the Cesar Franck Panis Angelicus

3 comments:

Kay Dennison December 21, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

I loved Robert Goulet!!!!! What a wonderful voice!!!! I melt when he sings "If Ever I would leave you". I would love to have someone love me like that. Sigh.

I actually got to see him at the Homecoming Concert/Dance at Kent State in the fall of 1965. It was awesome and I was young and smitten. Omigod! That was 42 years ago! I guess I really am getting older than dirt!

And I love his rendition of "Panis Angelicus" -- it's probably my favorite hymn -- and he does it wonderfully.

Thanks for the memory!

Lynette December 21, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

I thought about you when I posted this, Kay. I knew you were really crazy about Robert Goulet. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :)

Tess Kincaid December 22, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

Yes, he's on my "hotties" list!

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP