The World's most beautiful music: Patrick Cassidy's Vide cor meum

>> Tuesday, December 30, 2008


Vide Cor Meum is a song composed by Patrick Cassidy based on Dante's "La Vita Nuova", specifically on the sonnet "A ciascun'alma presa", in chapter 3 of the Vita Nuova. The song was produced by Patrick Cassidy and Hans Zimmer and was performed by Libera / Lyndhurst Orchestrathe, conducted by Gavin Greenaway. Singers are Danielle de Niese and Bruno Lazzaretti, who play Beatrice and Dante, respectively.

The song first appeared in the movie Hannibal, while Dr. Hannibal Lecter and Inspector Pazzi see an outdoor opera in Florence, and was especially composed for the movie. This aria was chosen to be performed at the Oscars in 2002 during the presentation of a lifetime achievement award to producer Dino De Laurentiis and at the 53rd Annual Emmy awards.

It was used later in Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven, during King Baldwin IV's funeral.

Information Source: Wikipedia

4 comments:

Tess Kincaid December 30, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

I always wondered about the background of this beautiful music from Hannibal! It's absolutely gorgeous and every time we watch the movie I say that I must do some research. And you have! Thank you. :)

Tess Kincaid December 30, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

PS--Hope you're feeling better today!

Lynette December 30, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

I'm much better today, thanks! :) A little tripped out on Benedryl, but my fever broke yesterday afternoon and I'm back at work today. I sound like crap, but I feel much better!

Kathy Handyside December 30, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

After seeing "Hannibal" for the first time, I spent the rest of the week humming this! It's so beautiful. I watch the movie over and over just to hear this music.

Glad you're feeling a bit better!

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP