California Dreamin...

>> Monday, January 5, 2009


I've found myself dreaming about our possible move back to Steph's home in Ventura a lot lately, and what it would mean for me and for our family. I find myself growing more and more hopeful every day. I think of the time, almost ten years ago that I flew out there to meet Steph, face-to-face for the first time, and how I fell in love with the quirky, artsy, beach town and a life that I could only dream of. Now I'm looking at the real possibility of actually living that life in that town. I'm afraid to breathe on it, believing that if I want too hard that the dream will be crushed and blow away in a million pieces, just as the dream for Vienna did. So for now, I'm still holding it at an arm's distance hoping that very soon it will move in closer.


4 comments:

Kay Dennison January 5, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

I loved the Mamas and the Papas.
When my daughter was watching their induction to the Rock HOF, she came stomping upstairs from the family room and started going through the vinyl hollering,
"Those idiots are letting Michelle sing Mama Cass' part! NOBODY can sing Mama Cass but Mama Cass!"
We raised her right!

I hope your California dream becomes a reality -- and SOON!!!

Tess Kincaid January 5, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

I sure hope your venture to Ventura is a reality!

Kathy Handyside January 5, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Here's to our dreams: yours for Ventura, mine for Portland (although I keep looking at pictures of the Oregon coast and thinking it's pretty cool, too)! Me and my tiny house (see www.tumbleweedhouses.com, to see what I mean) in Oregon. I'll keep praying yours comes true and I'd love it if you could spare some that mine would come true, too!

Lynette January 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Kay: I've always loved The Mamas & the Papas! Even when I was a little kid, I remember hearing them on the radio and I thought they were just "it"! My favorite Mama Cass hit is "Dream a Little Dream of Me".

Willow: Thanks! We're keeping our fingers crossed! It all depends on how much we make from the sale of our "Mozart treasure".


Kathy: Thanks for the prayers, and of course we'll send a few wishes your way for Portland!

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP