The hope of a nation expressed in the songs of her people

>> Thursday, January 22, 2009


What could be more beautiful or moving than this arrangement of Amazing Grace sung by Wintley Phipps, yesterday morning at the National Prayer Service at the Washington Cathedral? President Obama and the First Lady seemed genuinely moved, as was the rest of the congregation. Our prayers as a nation are for our new President and his family. May he lead us into a new era of peace and prosperity, and may we follow him with courage and determination to live in a way that honors that hope.

4 comments:

Kathy Handyside January 22, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

It gave me chills! Now, this country can become the beacon of hope it should have been all along!

President Obama - I love you!

Tess Kincaid January 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

(((GOOSE BUMPS)))

Kay Dennison January 22, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

It was absolutely phenomenal!!!!

Kaye Waller January 22, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

I just want to tell you that this blog doesn't need an award to make it the best Culture Blog in the state.

I have no idea why I'm nominated in this category every year. In fact, I was perplexed when I was nominated the first time.

I'd like to know what people think constitutes a culture blog. I think mine qualifies as either a writing or or a humor blog.

Who knows!

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP