The Sopranos: Anna Netrebko

>> Saturday, January 3, 2009


I first heard this amazing singer in a PBS broadcast from Salzburg of the 2006 Mozart 250th birthday celebrations. She sang Electra's "mad" aria from Mozart's Idomeneo and I was completely taken in. Angry. Powerful. Beautiful.

Anna Netrebko, born in Krasnador, Russia in 1971, studied voice with Valery Girgiev of the Mariinsky Theater of St. Petersburg, Russia. In 2006 she moved to Vienna and applied for Austrian citizenship and received it in July of that same year.

3 comments:

Tess Kincaid January 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

She's wonderful. And just darn gorgeous, too. She has a Maria Callas thing going on, doesn't she?

Lynette January 3, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

I think she has Callas beat in every aspect. (I know, I'm going to hell, but I never have been a real Callas fan.)

marc aurel January 3, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Thank you. And Utube has led me to her Traviata, my favourite opera, and I though Sills could never be surpassed. Her body movements in both are the stuff of great acting under her inspiring voice.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP