The World's most beautiful music: Mozart's Lied, Abendempfindung

>> Monday, January 26, 2009


Evening it is; the sun has vanished,
And the moon streams with silver rays;
Thus flee Life's fairest hours,
Flying away as if in a dance.

Soon away will fly Life's colorful scenes,
And the curtain will come rolling down;
Done is our play, the tears of a friend
Flow already over our grave.

Soon, perhaps (the thought gently arrives like the west wind -
A quiet foreboding)
I will part from life's pilgrimage,
And fly to the land of rest.

If you will then weep over my grave,
Gaze mournfully upon my ashes,
Then, o Friends, I will appear
And waft you all heavenward.

And You [my beloved], bestow also a little tear on me,
And pluck me a violet for my grave,
And with your soulful gaze,
Look then gently down on me.

Consecrate a tear for me, and ah!
Do not be ashamed to cry;
Those tears will be in my diadem
then: the fairest pearls!


3 comments:

Tess Kincaid January 26, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

Beautiful. Fabulous opening photo. Is this Steph?

Lynette January 26, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

It's Steph. :) I took that photo of her when we were filming on location in Vienna. She's looking out the window of Mozart's music room in the Figarohaus. Is that not cool?

Kay Dennison January 26, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Exquisite!!!

I recognized the picture! Did Steph tell you I ordered "Mozartballs" and I love it! I have to watch it again because it really had an effect and I have to figure out why.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP