Cross over, Grandma

>> Thursday, May 14, 2009


I learned last night that my 97 year old grandma died peacefully in her sleep, early in the evening. She was born in February of 1912 and was only around seven weeks old when the Titanic sank, and five years after Oklahoma became a state. I have the fondest memories of her when as young children, my brother and I would go to our grandparents' farm and spend weeks during the summer. They had an old Victorian house with a big wrap-around porch and a huge oak tree in the front with a tire swing, a red barn with cats, a garden, and ponds stocked with fish.

Grandma is home now with Grandpa and her daughter, (my mother), and I know they are happy to see her. Thank you Grandma for all the love you gave when you were with us. We'll be seeing you again soon.

Ellen Mae Cole Goss
February 22, 1912 to May 13, 2009

3 comments:

Unknown May 14, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

So sorry to hear your news, Lynette. This is a lovely tribute to your Grandma.

Kathy Handyside May 14, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, Nettl. This is a beautiful tribute and I'm sure she is smiling, listening to the music.

Lynette May 14, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Although she wasn't a musician herself, Grandma loved music and saw to it that my mother had both piano and singing lessons. She didn't get to hear me sing too often, but she loved it whenever I did sing for her.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP