Barbara Bonney sings Liszt

>> Sunday, March 22, 2009


This is one of the most beautiful performances of one of my very favorite art songs. Barbara Bonney sings Franz Liszt's Oh! quand je dors with such passion and tenderness that it brings tears to the eyes!



Oh, when I sleep, approach my bed,
as Laura appeared to Petrach;
and as you pass, touch me with your breath...
at once my lips
will part!

On my glum face, where perhaps
a dark dream has rested for too long a time,
let your gaze lift it like a star...
at once my dream
will be radiant!

Then on my lips, where there flits a brilliance,
a flash of love that God has kept pure,
place a kiss, and transform from angel into woman...
at once my soul
will awaken!




Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP