Music for the Lenten season: Bach: Dona Nobis Pacem from Mass in B minor

>> Thursday, March 19, 2009


Shame on me for featuring so little Bach in my entries. However, I must confess that I'm truly not a huge fan of Bach, mostly because I am a lover of the "heart chakra" composers--Vivaldi, Handel, Mozart, etc., and Bach is all head. But that doesn't keep me from appreciating, and even loving some of Bach's works, most especially his great Mass in B minor.

I'm pleased to feature here, the majestic choral setting of the Dona Nobis Pacem from Bach's great Mass in B minor, preformed by the Atlanta Symphony and Chorus, under the direction of Robert Shaw.

3 comments:

Tess Kincaid March 19, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

Heavenly!

Love your cute profile piccie!

Lynette March 19, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Thanks! My oldest daughter took that of me several years ago, when I was in graduate school and I was playing Susanna in some scenes from Le Nozze di Figaro. Steph has the actual photo framed and sitting on her bedside table. :)

marc aurel March 19, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

When I first met you in blogland I said I liked Bach. I believe you said, "Too much coffee" (!) Someone told me when I was a teenager that art was a balance between the sensual and the intellectual. That's what I loved about the Bach pieces I knew, although, in terms of the heart chakra, I do see that they are rather austere.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP