Music for the Lenten season: Mozart: Ave Verum Corpus

>> Wednesday, March 4, 2009


Composed in the spring of the last year of his life as a trade to help pay off his wife's bill at the spa in Baden, this piece stands as one of the most beautiful and tender of all of Mozart's sacred works. Mozart composed only one other sacred work after it, that being his Requiem, which would be his last composition ever.

Performed here by the choir and orchestra of Bayerischen Rundfunks and conducted by Leonard Bernstein.

3 comments:

Kathy Handyside March 4, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Anyone who can listen to that and NOT be moved by it simply isn't alive. I think of all my favorite Mozart pieces - and they are many -this really is my top favorite.

marc aurel March 13, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

The best part of music for me is discovering Mozart. When I am exhausted, ("fagged and fashed"), in the tiring rumble of public transport, I resort to my MP3 player and find great tunes and the most wonderful arranger. The music also inspires the players. He is, to instrumentalists, I imagine, what Mr Shakespear is to actors.

marc aurel March 13, 2009 at 7:51 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP