Gabriel Fauré: Requiem: Libera Me

>> Friday, October 16, 2009







Libera me, Domine, de morte aeterna
in die illa tremenda
quando coeli movendi sunt et terra,
dum veneris judicare saeculum per ignem.

Tremens factus sum ego et timeo,
dum discussion venerit atque venture ira:
quando coeli movendi sunt et terra.



Deliver me, O Lord, from eternal death
on that awful day
when the heavens and earth shall be shaken
and you shall come to judge the world by fire.

I am seized with fear and trembling
until the trial is at hand and the wrath to come:
when the heavens and earth shall be shaken.





Featured soloist: Baritone, James Morris
Atlanta Symphony and Chorus





2 comments:

Unknown October 16, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Hi Lynette,

Faure's Requiem is one of the best! Another new singer for me.

Lynette October 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

Derrick,
I've performed the Fauré Requiem on two separate occasions. My only regret is that I am not a baritone so that I can sing this gorgeous Libera Me.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP