The Masquerade Waltz by Aram Khachaturyan

>> Tuesday, October 13, 2009


You don't even know how hard I worked to find this one!  When I was a teenager I used to listen to this waltz on the stereo all the time, but I couldn't remember it's name or who composed it.  Then I remembered that out in the garage I had the collection of  33 LP's that it was on, stored in a box.  So I dug through and I found it!  This has always been one of my very favorites, so today I'm featuring it in honor of the 2nd Annual Willow Manor Ball.

4 comments:

Unknown October 13, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

Hi Lynette,

Coincidentally, this was on the radio on Saturday afternoon and it struck me as being perfect for the Manor Ball! Glad you managed to find it.

Anonymous October 13, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

What an excellent choice of waltz.
Yes, yes, the ball is such fun, isn't it!

Jasper October 29, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Entirely worth the effort!

marc aurel October 31, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

When I was sixteen I borrowed an LP from the library. A more erudite friend laughed at the way I pronounced the composer's name. I played it over and over and assumed in my naive way that it was a famous piece and that one day I could afford to buy it. I have never heard it since and many times I have hummed the tunes to record store managers to no avail. Almost every day I hope I will hear it again on the radio. What a wonderful collection you have made. I wish I could click on "Play all" as on Youtube.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP