J.S. Bach: Toccata und Fuge in B moll

>> Saturday, October 31, 2009


I saved this one for last because of all the pieces I have chosen in this series, this piece has come to typify Halloween for most people.  I hardly think that Bach would have ever dreamed that his masterful toccata and fugue, which was meant to be played in the church, would become the American musical Halloween icon.  So now I present the J.S. Bach - Toccata und Fuge BWV 565 played by Hans-Andre Stamm. 

Thus ends my Thirty-one days of Halloween music series. This one was a challenge, but I had a great time searching and researching all of the pieces that I have presented, and I hope that you have enjoyed them as well!

Have a very happy and safe Halloween!



4 comments:

Unknown October 31, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Ooooo, Hammer House of Horror! Haven't been able to listen every day but thanks for all the hard work Lynette. And Happy Halloween!

Kathy Handyside October 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

So cool!!!! I've loved this whole series, Nettl! Thank you so much! You know - if OSU had any sense, they would snap you up in a heartbeat as a music professor! You'd be great! The students would love how you present music in such a fun and interesting manner! ARE YOU LISTENING, OSU???

Kathy Handyside October 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Oh yes - Happy Halloween!

Kathy Handyside October 31, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

That church and organ are beautiful! This man plays so well, too.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP