A call to Californians to vote "No" on Prop 8

>> Monday, November 3, 2008


If you're from California and you're reading this, I encourage you to think long and hard about the important decision you're going to make tomorrow regarding not only the future of GLBT's in your own state, but for the entire nation. California is the trend-setter. Whatever California does, the rest of the nation eventually follows suit. If you, one of the most progressive states in this country, write discrimination into your state constitution, it will make it easier for the radical right to do the same to ours. However, if you vote to uphold equality and freedom, then you will pave the way for our great nation to do the same. Please continue to be the fair, equality-loving, progressive and trend-setting state that you have always been and reject discrimination. Vote "No" on Proposition 8.

5 comments:

Mozart November 3, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

Hi Lynette,
I'm voting "no" on Proposition 8.
When you and Steph relocate to California, you'll be able to take advantage of our laws here.
I hope that Prop 8 is defeated, as it isn't fair.
I'm sure that if it is defeated, that the law, as it stands now, will eventually stand again.
Yours sincerely,
Marti

Mozart November 3, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

Oops! I had a typo.
I meant:
I'm sure that if Proposition 8 isn't defeated, that the law, as it stands now, will eventually stand again

Lynette November 3, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Thanks Marti!

Do you believe that the California Supreme Court will declare the amendment unconstitutional?

I do hope so!

Kay Dennison November 3, 2008 at 1:08 PM  

I don't live in California but if I did, I'd vote a resounding "NO"! I hold the theory that gay couples have as much as right to marry and divorce as we heteros do. Why should we have all the "fun" of a messy divorce? Sigh.

Mozart November 3, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

"Thanks Marti!

Do you believe that the California Supreme Court will declare the amendment unconstitutional?

I do hope so!"

I do hope so too, Lynette!
I don't think that the California Supreme Court has the power to declare a law, which has been passed by the voters, unconstitutional, but I don't really know any details about this.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP