We remember

>> Tuesday, November 11, 2008


I hate war. I believe it is a useless and pointless way of solving our problems. I was born in 1960 and grew up during the Viet Nam war. My children were born at the dawn of the wars in Iraq, and have known nothing else but that pointless war. So you might see why I feel as I do. I pray that one day we will find another way of settling our differences with one another.

With that said, however, I do recognize a war in our recent history that had we not fought, the world would have fallen to a totalitarian, fascist, regime. So this is my tribute to the veterans of World War II, and to all the veterans who stood and do stand ready to defend our nation and the entire world from those who sought/seek to destroy liberty. We remember you and we honor you.


4 comments:

JPDeni November 11, 2008 at 7:48 AM  

As soon as I heard the music, I knew what that was. "Band of Brothers" is a fantastic mini-series. Hard to take in a lot of ways, but so well done. I heartily recommend it to anyone who may have missed it the first time around.

Kay Dennison November 11, 2008 at 8:21 AM  

I don't think anyone likes war. However, there doesn't seem to be a cure for it. It's been with us since time immemorial. I respect anyone who has served his or her country.

Lynette November 11, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

Yeah, there's a cure for it. It just doesn't seem that there are enough people who are ready to take the cure yet. We still have too many "masters of war" who are making a profit off war and care little about the victims or the planet they're destroying. All they care about is the money it makes them.

John Lennon knew that there was a cure for war and he knew what it was, and they silenced him.

When we've had enough of it, if the masters of war don't destroy us first, we'll take the cure and then it will be over.

Tess Kincaid November 11, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Let us not forget.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP