"Please don't screw this one up!"

>> Tuesday, November 4, 2008


I belong to an online list called "Oklahomans for Obama". For the past several months I have been sharing with 366 of my fellow Oklahomans. We've shared our hopes and fears, we've organized voter registration, we've passed word along about various rallies and events. We've been in the trenches together and we've grown close. This morning this message was in my mail box from one of our members who has never disclosed himself, until today. I was so touched by it that I had to share it with you.

You guys don't know me but I have been here from the beginning, always silent but always reading. The reason I have not been involved up until this point is due to work reasons which I will not go into detail but all I ask is one thing. Please do not screw this up. There is so much at stake and the feeling like the walls could come tumbling down any minute all around you only proves that there is much need for change. This is why I believe an Obama presidency would make everyone's lives better. So I beg of you for the sake of your friends, families, co-workers and yes even your government, please vote. That's it, don't vote because I asked you to or because Obama has asked you to, vote because the lives of everyone I mentioned are affected by this one shining moment in history when the world turns its eyes to America hoping that it will wake from its destructive coma and become the shining beacon the world once turned to in times of crisis. I myself have never voted even though I was eligible in 2000 and 2004 nor have I even been registered to vote till recently. I am voting for my unborn daughter and the woman that I love so that our lives can be just a little bit easier and safer. Whatever your reasons are please think of them when you experience long waits at the polls and are thinking of leaving because the wait is too long. Thank you for your time and please vote.

3 comments:

Tess Kincaid November 4, 2008 at 7:38 AM  

Thanks for sharing this lovely message.

Kay Dennison November 4, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Thank you!! It's really a great message.

I didn't screw it up -- I cast my ballot for Obama less than an hour ago.

Sharon November 4, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

The day is passing slowly isn't it? It's hard to be blue in a red state. Although Oregon is very progressive, the county I live in is very red. My Obama sign is the only one to be seen amidst the many McCain signs in the rural area where I live. Fingers crossed! I have a good feeling about the outcome this time!

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP