So I'm a sucker for baritones

>> Saturday, November 1, 2008


I admit it. Nothing can make me swoon like the sound of a dark chocolate silky-smooth baritone voice. Among my faves are the great American Sherrill Milnes, the popular Welsh baritone, Bryn Terfel, and the Kansas born Samuel Ramey. However, a few months ago, as I was doing my usual YouTube surfing for new videos to share, I came upon an incredible Scottish baritone by the name of Richard Morrison, and the swooning began all over again. This guy really has it--the chocolately darkness with a "ping" at the end, the smoothness, the richness--that thing that makes me want to curl up and die in his arms while he sings to me.

He's featured here in an audio clip from a live performance in Scotland in which he sings one of my all-time favorites, "So in Love" from Cole Porter's Kiss Me Kate. So get out your smelling salts, ladies, 'cause this one's gonna make ya dizzy!

4 comments:

Kay Dennison November 1, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

I like baritones, too! I can listen to them interminably. I wish I could recall the baritone who was a guest artist with the Symphony last season -- he was absolutely awesome and I think you would have enjoyed him, too!

Unknown November 1, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

TAG!!! YOU'RE IT!!

Tess Kincaid November 1, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

Okay, Mr. Terfel just might have to share the "King of My Heart Baritone" title with Richard Morrison now.

I should dig out and repost my old Terfel post...

Lynette November 2, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

Now why did I just KNOW you would love this, Willow? :)

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP