I wanted to be like her

>> Friday, November 14, 2008


She was my childhood idol. From almost as far back as I can remember I imitated her singing, her way of speaking, everything about her. I'm speaking of Julie Andrews. I think the first time I ever saw her was in Disney's Mary Poppins, (I was five, I think), and then of course, who could forget her as Maria in The Sound of Music? You name it, she's done it. From The Boyfriend or as the unforgettable Liza Doolittle in My Fair Lady to a woman, playing a man, playing a woman in Victor Victoria. But yesterday when Willow did her piece on Camelot, I was reminded once again, of how I adored my recording of Julie Andrews as the first Guenevere, in the original Broadway production featuring Richard Burton as King Arthur and Robert Goulet as Lancelot.

Featured here is Julie Andrews singing one of my favorites from Camelot, "I Loved You Once in Silence".

3 comments:

Tess Kincaid November 14, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

For the longest time, when I first started my blog, I had Julie Andrews on my sidebar, as my kindred spirit. I absolutely loved her as a child and still do!

Kay Dennison November 14, 2008 at 7:55 AM  

I enjoy Julie Andrews but I thought Robert Goulet was absolutely awesome!!!!!!

Lynette November 14, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

Willow, you know she's a Libra, don't you? (I've got a thing for Libras--Steph's a Libra too.)

Kay, they don't make 'em like Robert Goulet anymore. *Swoon*

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP