Isn't she beautiful?

>> Monday, November 10, 2008


Okay, sometimes I just have to brag about my kids. This is my oldest, Lauren, pictured here at a Marie Antoinette Soiree with one of her friends at the University of Oklahoma where she is a freshman majoring in International Studies and French. She is so advanced in French after her year in France as an exchange student that she has been placed in junior and senior level classes. Her goal is to go on to graduate school to become an interpreter/translator, possibly for the UN. She's quite the intelligent, loving, kind, outstanding, and lovely young woman, and Mom couldn't be more proud!

5 comments:

Kay Dennison November 10, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

Indeed she is, Nettl!

Nothing like getting practical experience to improve your fluency. And what nice payoff!

zmajcic November 10, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

Sweet blog...:-)

Lauren November 10, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Omg, I was so pale there, we had to put on this white foundation and heavy powder. It was so funny though. I was a hostess at the VIP entrance at the club and whenever people came in, they gave me all these funny looks with goofy grins! It was amusing....

Tess Kincaid November 11, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

Lauren has her mother's smile! You should be one proud mama. French is such a gorgeous language. I wish I could speak it!

Lynette November 11, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

Yeah, and Lauren's mother got that smile from HER mother. ;) In fact, Lauren is the spitting image of my mother. I only wish that Mother was here to see Lauren. She would be so proud of her! Lauren is very like her in many ways.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP