Anyone for Leontyne Price?

>> Friday, October 17, 2008


Since my efforts to present the fabulous video of Jessye Norman have been thwarted, I decided to post this, of another magnificent African American soprano, Leontyne Price. As with Norman, Price offers a large, smooth, resonant sound that virtually sends chills down my spine. Featured in this beautiful recording of Franz Liszt's Oh, quand je dors, Price demonstrates complete control of her enormous instrument, and proves that tenderness and finesse are completely within her ability.


2 comments:

Tess Kincaid October 17, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. My spine is tingling.

With the risk of sounding a little uncouth, have you noticed that both Norman and Price have such huge mouths? This must contribute to their emormous voices!

Lynette October 17, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

I knew you'd like it! ;-)

Of course, all that room provides good space for resonance!

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP