That ghostly time of year

>> Sunday, October 19, 2008


Last year at this time I made a series of posts on the theme of Halloween music, so this year I decided to do something a little different and post scenes and/or montages of my favorite ghost flicks. Today I'm starting with one of my all time favorites, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, the 1947 version starring Rex Harrison and Gene Tierney.

This story has captivated me since I was a little girl. Being the romantic that I was/am, I dreamed that one day a ghost would come to me, too, and that we would fall in love just as the ghost of the old sea captain and Lucy, (or "Lucia", as the captain called her), did. A timeless and unapologetically romantic classic, it has remained one of the most beloved ghost stories of all time.


4 comments:

Tess Kincaid October 19, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

I LOVE this movie and it has been absolutely AGES since I've seen it. I'm adding to my Netflix queue right now...

Tess Kincaid October 19, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

Oh, and your new little "about me" pic is oh-so-classy!

Kathy Handyside October 19, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

I loved the movie and I also loved the TV series. Edward Mulhare: be still my heart!! He was the best Captain Gregg!

Lynette October 19, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

Thanks Willow! That photo was taken in Vienna, just down the way from Mozart's apartment--The Figarohaus, to be exact!

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP