My Saturday morning retreat

>> Saturday, October 11, 2008

Steph is the insomniac while I'm the morning person. I confess, even on Saturday I can't sleep in and am most generally up before 7:00 a.m.. I love my early morning weekends when the house is quiet and everyone is sleeping in. I feed the cat and then retreat back upstairs to my computer where I don my headphones and go searching for music videos on YouTube. I search for new pieces that I can use in my "World's most beautiful music" posts, as well as find favorites to feature in other posts. Last year I did a series on Halloween music that everyone seemed to enjoy and at Christmas I posted videos relating to my childhood memories of Christmas.

But today, in the midst of all of the political turmoil and fears of a faltering economy, I needed to find a peaceful oasis, so I found this from one of my favorite ladies with one of the most soothing and incredible voices ever, Rosemary Clooney. Just what the doctor ordered to calm the frazzled nerves.

3 comments:

JPDeni October 11, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

I always loved Rosemary Clooney. Such a unique voice. Unlike the case with a lot of singers, when you listen to her sing, you can also hear her speaking voice. Or maybe it's that when you heard her talk, somewhere in the background you could hear her singing. My mother particularly liked Clooney, so I was introduced to her at quite a young age. Hearing her always brings a smile.

Tess Kincaid October 11, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

Ahhh...Rosemary! Yes, "soothing" is the perfect word to describe her voice. My uncle was absolutely in love with her and so mourned her death. He still cries when he hears a recording.

I keep looking at a boxed cd set of her recordings at Sam's Club. I should just go ahead and get it. You've convinced me.

I feel so relaxed now. Thank you!

Tess Kincaid October 11, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

Lynette, I have a little award for you waiting over at my place. Feel free to pick it up any time! :)

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP