Of masquerades, lovely maidens, and an opera ghost

>> Thursday, October 23, 2008


What else but Andrew Lloyd Webber's hit Broadway musical The Phantom of the Opera? I first saw this in the mid nineties when the Broadway touring company brought it to Tulsa. Then a few years ago the film came out and I took my girls to see it. And then when the Broadway touring company brought it, once again, to Tulsa this past summer, I had the opportunity to take my girls to see it on stage.

Although the film has some lovely and stunning moments visually, I still much prefer the stage version. Featured here is one of my favorite scenes both on stage and in film.

2 comments:

Tess Kincaid October 23, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

This music is so emotionally charged. I agree, the stage version is better. I kept thinking Rossum looked cross eyed in the film version.

Lynette October 23, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

Not to mention the fact that he can't sing worth sh*t! When I took the girls to see the stage version in Tulsa this summer, they walked away in lust with the Phantom. They both said he was "hot". And he had a voice to die for.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP