Haunted memories

>> Thursday, October 30, 2008


In the 1997 animated feature, Anastasia, (Don Bluth, 20th Century Fox), we're treated to a spectacular scene in which Anya is confronted with the memories from a past she has long forgotten. As she sings the haunting, Once Upon a December, ghosts from her past as a child in the court of her father, Tzar Nicholas, burst forth from the paintings hung high upon the walls, and dance with her around the hall. It's an absolutely stunning scene, and remains one of my favorites of any animated film I've seen.


2 comments:

Kay Dennison October 30, 2008 at 6:57 AM  

I loved this but traditionalist that I am I loved the movie best.

Tess Kincaid October 30, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

You know, I've never seen this! Several years ago, I was in a huge Russian mode, and read everything I could about the Tzar and his family, especially Anastasia. Haunting tragedy.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP