Barack Obama with Ellen on balancing family

>> Thursday, October 16, 2008


Last night, as Steph and I watched the last of the presidential debates on CNN, I noticed that almost consistently, Obama scored higher with women than with men. As I thought about it more, it was easy to understand why. Obama appeals to women because he has a genuine love and respect for them. It is reflected in his demeanor, in the way he lights up when he talks about his lovely wife, Michelle, and his two precious daughters. It is also reflected in his policies from his stand on Roe vs. Wade to his support of equal pay and treatment for women in the workplace. He also demonstrates a calm, gentle ,steady, strength, which is attractive to women and makes them feel important and secure.

I found a video this morning of Obama with Ellen DeGeneres, earlier this year, discussing the balance of family with his political career. Watch this and you'll see the appeal in action. Wouldn't you just love to have this family in the White House?


1 comments:

Tess Kincaid October 16, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

I totally agree. I love his gentle spirit and his beautiful family.

It was amazing how he could stay calm and positive though last night's debate.

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP