The World's most beautiful music: Samuel Barber's Violin Concerto, Opus 14, 1st movement

>> Wednesday, October 15, 2008


I discovered this piece just a few weeks ago when I was looking for music to accompany my MySpace page honoring a little Jewish girl by the name of Mania Halef, who was murdered by the Nazis in the massacre at Babi Yar, which was a large ravine outside the city of Kiev. The piece was so tender, so touching, and so full of pathos, that I knew it would create the perfect mood for my page honoring not only the memory of Mania, but of the millions of others who have suffered at the hands of hate. It is a reminder to us that hate and fear are our worst enemies and that might never makes right.

Played here by violinist, Giora Schmidt with Izthak Perlman conducting the Israel Philharmonic, I pray you'll hear the message of peace so eloquently expressed within the music.


2 comments:

Tess Kincaid October 15, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

It's a very haunting, complex and beautiful piece. Perfect for your tribute!

marc aurel October 24, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Just your writing brings tears to my eyes

Share


Click to view my Personality Profile page

  Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP